INDIVIDUAL MEDICLAIM INSURANCE
With increased population, there is more and more pollution and as a result, people are exposed to a greater risk of suffering from Diseases. Increased population also results in to more vehicular traffic and more accidents. Treatment costs are increasing day by day. Therefore it has become essential to take a Mediclaim Insurance policy to cater such emergencies.
If the Insured Person sustains any Injury or contracts any Disease and if medically necessary, he/she has to incur Hospitalisation expenses, then Reasonable and Customary Charges of the following Hospitalisation expenses will be paid
- Room, Boarding and Nursing Expense.
- Medical Practitioner/ Anesthetist, Consultant fees, fees of surgeon
- Expenses on Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre, Surgical Appliances, Medicines and Drugs, Diagnostic Materials and X-ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Cost of Pacemaker, Artificial Limbs, Cost of Organ and similar expenses
- Expenses on Vitamins and Tonics only if forming part of treatment as certified by the attending Medical Practitioner.
- The relevant expenses incurred for Domiciliary Hospitalisation
- An additional Daily Allowance for the duration of Hospitalisation towards defraying of miscellaneous expenses.
- Ambulance charges in connection with any admissible claim limited
- Admissible day care treatment (less than 24 hrs hospitalization), pre and post hospitalization
- Cost of Health Check up – Reimbursement of cost of medical check up once at the end of a block of every four continuous claim free policy years, subject to maximum of 1% of the average sum insured during the period
- Other admissible expenses.
- This policy will trigger when there is minimum 24 hours hospitalisation.
The hospital where treatment is taken should have minimum 15 beds.
The policy holder can avail cashless facility for the treatment taken or he may go for reimbursement of expenses incurred.
Normally the policy does not cover :-
- Treatment of Pre-existing Diseases for a specified period.
- Any expense during the first 30 days from the inception of first policy except the treatment related to an accident.
- Expenses on Treatment of certain diseases are not payable up to a specified period.
This premium paid for this policy can be claimed for deduction under section 80-D of Income Tax Act up to Rs 25,000/-