Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Commercial Vehicle Insurance under the Auto Insurance in India provides cover for all the vehicles which are not used for personal purposes, like the Trucks and HMVs. The amount of premium depends on the showroom price of the vehicle at the commencement of the insurance period, make of the vehicle and the place of registration of the vehicle. The auto insurance generally includes:
- Loss or damage by accident, fire, lightning, self ignition, external explosion, burglary, housebreaking or theft, malicious act.
- Liability for third party injury/death, third party property and liability to paid driver
- On payment of appropriate additional premium, loss/damage to electrical/electronic accessories
The auto insurance does not include:
- Consequential loss, depreciation, mechanical and electrical breakdown, failure or breakage
- When vehicle is used outside the geographical area
- War or nuclear perils and drunken driving.
Personal Accident Cover:
There is provision for Compulsory Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver of cars and commercial vehicles of Rs.2.0 lacs and Rs.1 lac for owner driver of scooters / motorcycles. It covers Death, PTD and PPD only.